Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Large and Small

I find that with our huge family I often miss some one-on-one time with various people. When we have large family gatherings, it feels as if a whole conversation is actually made up of 10 parts with 10 different people! I wouldn't miss the gatherings for anything, but I like the small gatherings too. Last weekend, we had an impromptu fishing day with Allan, Tamara, Jeff, Joel and me. We had a blast! Allan was bound and determined to catch "the big one" that got away the day before (broke his line in fact). Well, he hooked it but was across the dam when the fish starting swimming off with his pole. Tamara to the rescue! She jumped up (or rather stumbled up) out of her big chair and grabbed the pole just before it hit the water. She started reeling in and Allan finished up the job. Joel caught a big bass the same day. Jeff was kind enough to share pictures. I've also had a lot of fun lately sitting at Bo & Tracie's "Country Place" in the evenings by the BONFIRE (not campfire - much bigger than that). We've told lies, secrets, stories - drank a little or a lot, ate a LOT and just had fun! They've been so generous with their place - kind of an open invitation when they're cooking on the smoker (by the way, did I mention this HUGE smoker they have?). Anyway, I hope to have more small gatherings going forward.

1 comment:

bustarib said...

I didnt notice any mention of any fish that Romi caught